[OPLINLIST] Children's or Young Adult book title question

Wendy Greenwood wgreen@ghpl.org
Tue, 08 Mar 2005 11:15:26 -0500

Hello!

Calling all Children's and Young Adult Librarians!!!  I'm stumped.  I have
a patron looking for a book title and this is how they describe it:

There is a book that was read to my older sister when she was in grade
school. it was probably written in the 80's and it won an award. it is a
fantasy book about a boy who ends up on an island and has to pack three
things to help him. There is a wild boar who is evil (I think it talks),
something about bubble gum, and tangerines. we don't have much information,
but we have been searching for this book. if you could help, it would be
great. It was an illustrated book, but we don't know anything else about
it... PLEASE HELP!!!

Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.  You can reply to
me directly or to the list.

Wendy S. Greenwood
Manager, Reference Department
Grandview Heights Public Library