[OPLINLIST] RE: Library Credit Card Policy

krollke krollke@oplin.org
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 18:40:10 -0800

Pat,
Either one works -- if the Policy is approved by the Board of
Trustees.  A Resolution by the Board is of course approved, so
this works also.  Usually Board-approved policies are easier
to administer because you have them all in one place -- as opposed
to a resolution, which can usually only be found in the Minutes
on that particular date -- and easy to lose track of years down
the road.

The Auditor of State is now requiring the following Board-approved
policies (resolutions will satisfy this requirement if they include
the details the Auditor is looking for):

-Library-provided cell phones
-Travel
-Credit Cards
-Use of library equipment/vehicles

For more information on the Auditor's requirements, along with
sample policies, try the following URLS:

http://www.auditor.state.oh.us/Publications/BestPractices/AOSBestPractices-Spring2004.pdf

-Contains information on Cell Phone and Travel Policies

AND

http://www.auditor.state.oh.us/Publications/BestPractices/AOSBestPractices-Winter2004.pdf

-Contains information on Credit Card and Vehicle Use

Hope this helps!
Kelly Kroll

Kelly A. Kroll, Clerk-Treasurer
Akron-Summit County Public Library
60 S. High Street
Akron, OH  44326
Voice:  330-643-9120
Fax:    330-643-9130

As a "still fairly green Clerk-Treasurer", could I have some
>clarification between "having a policy" and "having a Resolution".
>
>With respect to a credit card policy, we do not have a "policy",
rather
>we have a Resolution which sets forth the requirements and limitations,
>etc.
>
>Pat Henricks
>Montpelier Public Library

On