[OPLINLIST] Active directory.

Chris Brose brosech@oplin.org
Fri, 13 May 2005 10:56:44 -0400

For those who have configured Active Directory for Windows 2000 Server at
their libraries:

Are there any comments on using a local DNS server, compared to using
Oplin's DNS server for your Active Directory configuration?

We are finally implementing Active Directory and doing away with our
multiple standalone servers.   At the moment I am setting up the PDC, and I
am going to configure Active Directory and the DNS server on the same box.

I know that Active Directory needs a properly configure DNS server to
function correctly and wanted some pros and cons between a local DNS server
and using the ISP's DNS servers.

Thanks.

Christopher J. Brose
Network Administrator