[OPLINLIST] Tax Form Distribution

Jeff Regensburger jregensb at worthingtonlibraries.org
Fri Apr 21 12:33:55 EDT 2006

Our library is currently looking at the level of tax form distribution
service we provide our patrons. Many forms and filing options are now
available online and I'm curious to see how other libraries are
responding to these changes.

If you could take a minute to answer some brief questions about the tax
form support you provide your patrons I'd appreciate it. I'll be glad to
report the results back to the list.

1. Does your library currently participate in the federal and state tax
form distribution service?

2. Briefly, explain why your library does or does not provide this
service.

3. If your library does distribute tax forms, how would you describe the
level of service you provide (pick the one that best describes your
library):

	A) Comprehensive - We provide a wide range of print forms and do
our best to make sure patrons leave with the forms they need. We provide
additional tax support in the form of programs, handouts, or
partnerships with other groups. We actively assist patrons in locating
and downloading forms online. We keep our print forms in close proximity
to the public service desks so staff are available to help patrons.

	B) Cursory - We provide only a limited number of forms. We keep
these in the lobby or away from the public service desks. Public service
staff will help patrons locate tax forms, but it's not a top priority.

	C) Somewhere in between -

4. Has your library discussed dropping or scaling back tax form
distribution services for patrons?

5. Additional Comments

Thanks,

Jeff Regensburger