[OPLINLIST] Fw: Proctoring exams summary

Pam Hoesman hoesmapa at oplin.org
Wed Feb 8 09:39:14 EST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: Pam Hoesman
To: oplinlist-request at oplin.org
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 2:58 PM
Subject: Proctoring exams summary

Thank you to all who responded to my request for policies on proctoring exams in the library.  I received one written policy, as follows:

Greene County policy Manual
Exam Proctoring:
Proctoring is available at the Beavercreek, Fairborn and Xenia libraries for students in accredited degree or certificate granting programs.  Conditions for proctoring must be within the library's service limitations.  The student must make an appointment with the designated proctor and reserve the meeting or study room.

Other responses included:

No written policy -8
No charge for proctoring - 4
No mandatory continuous supervision - 2
Student or school must provide exam and facilitate/pay for its' return - 3
Charge $25 if done on staff's own time, not at work - 1
No online exams - 1
Administer it in a public area so can continue with regular work routine - 1
"No shows" are not allowed more than 2 chances - 1
Make a copy of answers before mailing back (One test was lost in the mail.) - 1

Pam Hoesman, Director
Oak Harbor Public Library
hoesmapa at oplin.org