[OPLINLIST] FW: [IFCPRIVACY:2214] Recommended: "US plans massive data sweep"

Kent Oliver koliver at starklibrary.org
Wed Feb 15 08:35:58 EST 2006

Friends, As a member and Chair of ALA's Intellectual Freedom Committee I
receive numerous updates from ALA staff and other sources regarding
intellectual freedom issues.  More and more of them deal with privacy. I
restrain myself from forwarding most of them but thought you might find
this one of interest as we think about how it relates to our libraries
and library users.

Kent

Kent Oliver, Executive Director
Stark County District Library
715 Market Ave., N., Canton, OH 44702
W: 330 458 2710 FAX: 330 455 9596
KOliver at starklibrary.org
"Restriction of free thought and free speech is the most dangerous of
all subversions. It is the one un-American act that could most easily
defeat us."--Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas