[OPLINLIST] Email Communication Workshop - Mar 21

GCLC gclc at gclc.org
Sun Feb 19 21:01:44 EST 2006

*This announcement has been posted to several lists.  Our apologies for
any duplication.
*

    Email Communication

http://www.gclc.org/ce/viewevent.php?id=723

      Date

Tuesday, March 21st, 2006

      Time

9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.

      Location

GCLC Office

      Speaker(s)

Rose Corgan, Associate Professor, Raymond Walters College, University of
Cincinnati. Rose has been a full-time faculty member since January 1983
in the Office Information Technology. She has taught computer classes in
Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, PageMaker, Windows, Dreamweaver, Flash,
HTML, webpage graphics, and computer literacy. She has taught many of
these classes in the online environment.

      Description

We all use email every day to communicate with co-workers, friends, and
strangers. Email just sort of slipped into our lives. Do you know how to
send effective email messages? Are you missing something about the RIGHT
way to communicate through email.

This workshop will cover basic email etiquette: how and when to use it
properly, grammar, whether to use shorthand. Learn how to improve all of
your email communications. Other topics on the agenda include:

--Sending email messages to groups while maintaining confidentiality of
each recipient
--Dealing with negative messages/recipients
--Organizing messages for future reference --Formatting (spacing,
capitalization)
--Sending/handling attachments

      Meal

No meal is provided with this event.

      Member

$35 (one voucher may be used to pay for this workshop)

      Friend of GCLC

$35

      Non-Member

$75

The deadline to register is Monday, March 20th, 2006