[OPLINLIST] Interested in programming with a mystery writer?

Doris Ann Norris DorisAnn at woh.rr.com
Mon Feb 27 10:53:03 EST 2006

Please excuse the cross-posting.

Sisters in Crime would like to help out with programs featuring Sisters
in Crime members. (There are also "brothers" who belong.)

If you are interested, read the following/

> Bookstore/Library Grants
>
> Sisters in Crime has budgeted $10,000 from Authors Coalition money to be used to assist independent bookstores and public libraries in promoting author events which are not funded by the publisher. Funding runs from September 1, 2005 to August 31, 2006.
>
>    1. Bookstores and libraries can apply for up to $300 for one event in a calendar year.
>
>    2. Money is to be used only for additional advertising/publicity (radio, newspaper ads, special mailings). It cannot be used for what bookstores and libraries would normally do, i.e. newsletter or websites. But you may come up with some ideas that we haven't thought of.
>
>    3. Author being promoted must be a current member of Sisters in Crime. If a group event, all participating authors must belong to Sisters in crime. Authors can join before the event.
>
>    4. Author must have at least 2 books in print by an established publisher; no self-published or POD books can be helped by Authors Coalition money.
>
>    5. Funding can only be spent on same author twice and must be in different geographic areas.
>
>    6. Only independent bookstores and public libraries can apply for the money. You may want to "reserve" your money in advance since only about 34 stores/libraries can be funded and we have to rule out duplication of funded authors. You will be reimbursed when receipts of printing, postage etc. are sent to the SinC treasurer after the event.
>
>    7. Sisters in Crime must be listed as a sponsor of the event.
>
> Questions and applications should be addressed to:
> Mary Lou Wright, Treasurer
> Sisters in Crime
> P.O. Box 442124
> Lawrence KS 66044

Remember the SinC/MWA breakfast and booth (#2728) at PLA in Boston.

More information is available at http://sistersincrime.org
If your library had devastating damage during the recent hurricane
season, check out the Library Grants section.

Doris Ann Norris, Library Liaison to Sisters in Crime and the 2000 year
old librarian