[OPLINLIST] Computer Sign Ups over the Phone

Mann, James H. JMann at gcpl.lib.oh.us
Thu Jul 13 11:04:36 EDT 2006

Richard
If your policy is to allow phone in sign ups, then in PCReservation the
staff would go into the staff module and make a future reservation for
John Doe and let the software assign the time . If you allow sign ups
for a specific hour, you could configure a "group" of computers which
are not part of the public pool and then use the staff mode to reserve a
specific computer at a specific time. We do this for our ADA computers
for example. You can also let PCReservation accept reservation via the
web.
The problem we have is just the opposite of what you are describing and
it is that because PCReservation creates a queue it is possible for a
patron in the building to complain that there are all these vacant
computers and they are given a wait.
The PCReservation policy pages provide a lot of flexibility and if I can
be of any assistance please don't hesitate to call.
Oops..we have never offered phone reservations it has always been first
come first served.

Jim Mann

Technology Coordinator

Greene County Public Library