[OPLINLIST] Rural Library Sustainability...From the State Library of Ohio

Jay Burton oplinlistonly at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 20 13:06:04 EDT 2006

Seats are still available for the Rural Sustainability Workshops sponsored and provided by the State Library of Ohio.

  These workshops, provided in collaboration with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and WebJunction, take a practical approach in providing the means and opportunity for Librarians to manage & sustain public access computing.

  The agenda includes:

     1.A review of  specific activities that will form a base to work from.  Activities include: Advocacy...Funding...Community Resources...Library Connections...Training...And More!

     Return home with an action plan based on identified needs.

     Return home with 3 specific activities to complete within five months.

     Return home with an account and hands on knowledge of Webjunction.

  Timely information as we move forward and best of all...it's totally, 100% free.  In fact, we throw in lunch, breaks and mileage.

  Register now at: www.winslo.state.oh.us
  Click on "WebJunction Rural Library Sustainability Program Workshop Registration"
  Find the date you want and register.

  Questions about the workshop.  Contact the trainer, Jay Burton, at:
  614-466-5511 or toll free at 1-800-686-1532
  email: jburton at sloma.state.oh.us