[OPLINLIST] Moderated Discussions at SWON Libraries

GCLC gclc at gclc.org
Wed Jun 28 16:18:06 EDT 2006

*This announcement has been posted to several lists.  Our apologies for
any duplication.
Please forward this message to all who may be interested.
*

    Stacks and Inventory Management - Moderated Discussion: July 11,
    2006 <http://www.gclc.org/ce/viewevent.php?id=797>

Stacks Maintenance and Management is an issue every library deals with
on a daily basis. While all members of the library community are
affected by stacks maintenance, we seldom take the time to discuss the
issues involved with managing our collections. Join your colleagues in a
discussion of the challenges and success stories in the stacks!  Elaine
Cheng will lead this discussion, and is the Inventory Management
Librarian at Xavier University. She has worked in Inter-Library Loan,
Circulation, and Inventory Management departments. Elaine currently
teaches library instruction, provides reference services, and just
completed an inventory of 170,472 books!

    Homeschooling and the Library - Moderated Discussion: July 13, 2006
    <http://www.gclc.org/ce/viewevent.php?id=779>

Join Librarians and Homeschoolers from the area to discuss how libraries
can support the homeschooling community! Share ideas, tips, and
suggestions and discuss the issues relevant to homeschoolers. Parents,
library staff, and interested parties are welcome.  Lise Tewes, the
moderator for this discussion, is the Children's Services Coordinator at
the Erlanger Branch of the Kenton County Public Library. Together with
her staff, Lise has been involved in programming for the homeschool
population. Lise is interested in promoting dialogue between librarians
and homeschoolers to discover ways that libraries can better serve this
population.

    Genealogy -- Moderated Discussion: July 25, 2006
    <http://www.gclc.org/ce/viewevent.php?id=798>

Join area Genealogy experts for a discussion of the topics and issues
facing your library and the genealogy community at large.  Discuss what
issues and challenges currently face your library or historical
society.  Dave Schroeder, Kentucky History Librarian, will lead this
discussion.