[OPLINLIST] Writing for Publication - An Interactive Videoconference

SWON Libraries info at swonlibraries.org
Fri Oct 6 18:56:52 EDT 2006

*This announcement has been posted to several lists.  Our apologies for
any duplication.

This seminar covers the main steps involved in writing and preparing
your work for publication, including:
- Finding an idea
- Actually doing the work
- Submitting the work
- Getting it published!

Along the way, you'll find tips on building self-confidence as a writer,
handling rejection, figuring out where to start, and integrating writing
with a career and other professional development activities.

This presentation is designed for librarians and information
professionals who are interested in contributing to the profession
through writing for publication. It will be especially useful to new
writers and those who want to improve their odds of success.

*Critical Learning Questions*
- Why should librarians write for publication?
- How do we choose the best outlets for our work?
- How does the online environment impact publishing for librarians?
- How do we move on and best integrate writing with the rest of our
professional lives?

      Date

Tuesday, November 7th, 2006

      Time

2:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.

      Location

SWON Libraries Office

      Speaker

Rachel Singer Gordon, Consulting Editor of Information Today, Inc., will
teach this seminar using Click U Live! interactive videoconferencing.
Click U Live!, formerly known as the Virtual Learning Series, enables
users to participate in web seminars and interact with the speaker and
other participants. Join us for this seminar and a discussion, following
the presentation.*
*

      Contributing Member of SWON Libraries

$5

      SLA-Cincinnati Member

$5

      Contributing Member of NEO-RLS, NORWELD, SERLS, or Friend of SWON
      Libraries

$5

      Other

$20

The deadline to register is Monday, November 6th, 2006