[OPLINLIST] The Value of Corporate Libraries

SWON Libraries info at swonlibraries.org
Thu Oct 19 18:53:46 EDT 2006

*This announcement has been posted to several lists.  Our apologies for
any duplication.

Our research indicates that corporate managers are not aware of the
value of the library in their organization. When pressed, fully
two-thirds of the managers we interviewed could not cite the value of
this service. This seminar will explore various ideas about and methods
of evaluation. From this array of options, you will have the opportunity
to select the one which best fits your organization and your
management's expectations.

This presentation will benefit those in the management of a corporate
library and those who wish to manage. The sooner we see evaluation as an
on-going management tool, the better off our libraries will be.

*Critical Learning Questions*
- What methods of evaluation are available?
- Which method best fits my organization?
- What's involved in starting the evaluation of a company's library?

      Date

Wednesday, November 22nd, 2006

      Time

1:00 p.m.-3:30 p.m.

      Location

SWON Libraries Office

      Speaker

James M. Matarazzo, Dean and Professor Emeritus of the Simmons College
<http://www.simmons.edu/gslis/>, will teach this seminar using Click U
Live! interactive videoconferencing. Click U Live!, formerly known as
the Virtual Learning Series, enables users to participate in web
seminars and interact with the speaker and other participants. Join us
for the seminar, with discussion following.

      Contributing Member of SWON Libraries

$5

      SLA-Cincinnati Member

$5

      Contributing Member of NEO-RLS, NORWELD, SERLS, or Friend of SWON
      Libraries

$5

      Other

$20

The deadline to register is Monday, November 20th, 2006