[OPLINLIST] Improving Your Work by Minimizing Your Stress: A Holiday Season Web-Ex Program in Blue Ash

SWON Libraries info at swonlibraries.org
Mon Dec 3 12:51:16 EST 2007

*This announcement has been posted to several lists.  Our apologies for
any duplication.

Please forward to all interested parties.

*

  Improving Your Work by Minimizing Your Stress: A Holiday Season Web-Ex
  Program ... When You Need It The Most!
  <http://www.swonlibraries.org/register?a=formreg&id=1164&rate=cost3&sponsor=SouthWest%20Ohio%20and%20Neighboring%20Libraries&addattendee=Y>

      Date

Tuesday, December 11th, 2007

      Time

2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.

      Location

SWON Libraries Office

      Speaker(s)

Andrew Sanderbeck <http://www.andrewsanderbeck.com/> is an expert
trainer on leadership and team development, communications, customer
service and generating revenues for libraries and library systems. He is
the past chair for The Small and Rural Libraries SIG of the Florida
Library Association. Andrew presents over 100 customized staff
development workshops, seminars and keynotes for organizations and at
conferences around the world each year and was recently a featured
presenter at the 2006 ALA Conference in New Orleans.

He is the founder of The Sanderbeck People~Connect Institute, an
organization that enjoys serving others that value professionalism,
vision and purpose and making a difference in their organizations and
communities. Andrew consults for libraries and other non-profit
organizations to help them realize the true human potential of their
management and employees. He publishes the /Library~Connect Newsletter/,
a free monthly e-publication read by library professionals around the world.

      Description

There's no denying it, stress is a part of our lives. The issue isn't
how to eliminate it, but rather how to cope with it, and how to keep it
from adversely affecting the quality of our work and our health (stress
related worker's compensation claims have been rising for some time).

Are any of the following experiences common for you?

. Working harder but falling farther behind?
. Low morale?
. Quality of work slipping?
. Complaining much more than usual?
. Moving from critical project to critical project without a break?
. Too much change happening too fast?

In this Web-Ex program we take a look at stress and identify the reasons
people become stressed within the workplace. Participants will explore
the concept of "positive" and "negative" stress and examine techniques
for managing and containing problems effectively. We also discuss how to
change our patterns of working to minimize and manage stress-inducing
tensions such as chasing deadlines and rushing from one place to another.

*Participants will learn and begin to master:*

. Easy ways to identify their stress triggers
. How to lessen the intensity of both emotional and physical stress
. How to release stresses stored in their body, reducing illness
. Taking more responsibility regarding their reactions toward people and
workplace situations
. Managing difficult situations and conflicts

/"Don't ask for fewer problems in life; Instead ask for more tools to
handle life's problems." -- Jim Roan/

      Meal

Light snacks will be provided

      Audience

This interactive, online seminar is open to all library staff who want
to lower their stress - and thereby improve their service!

      Contributing Member of SWON Libraries

$35

      Friend of SWON Libraries

$35

      Contributing Member of NEO-RLS, NORWELD, or SERLS

$35

      Other

$70

The deadline to register is Saturday, December 8th, 2007