[OPLINLIST] EBSCOhost News: Visual Search, Image Quick View

Laura Watkins watkinla at oplin.org
Wed Dec 19 08:33:35 EST 2007

Please see below for an update from EBSCO....

Dear EBSCO Customer,

On 11/21/07, we announced plans to upgrade the Visual Search option on
EBSCO/host/ and other user interfaces, at the end of this calendar year.
We are pleased to announce that the new version of Visual Search is
about to become available to your users. Please note that a
comprehensive tutorial will open automatically when a user clicks on the
Visual Search tab in EBSCO/host/, to guide them through the
functionality of the new Visual Search screens.

In conjunction with the Visual Search release, we are introducing an
enhancement to EBSCO/host/ Result Lists: Image Quick View. This exciting
new feature will include the appearance of thumbnail images on Result
Lists which, when clicked, will instantly reveal full-sized images to
users. Open records will include links to thumbnail images, where
applicable. Users will be able to try the new feature in EBSCO/host/ by
clicking on the *Try It!* box beside Image Quick View on the New
Features screen, and enabling Show Image Thumbnails under the
Preferences link in the upper right corner of the screen. For more
information about the new Visual Search design and the Image Quick View
feature, please see the first two top stories on EBSCO's Support Site
(http://support.ebsco.com).

EBSCO's Support Site is also a great place to visit whenever you want to
learn about new features, search among thousands of FAQs, download Flash
tutorials, Help Sheets or User Guides, or communicate with Technical
Support at any time, using the EBSCO Support Form
(http://support.epnet.com/contact/askus.php). You may also contact
Technical Support by telephone, as follows:

    * In the United States and Canada: (800) 758-5995
    * Outside of the United States and Canada: access code, (800) 3272-6000

Sincerely,

Marcie Brown
Technical Communications Manager
EBSCO Publishing