[OPLINLIST] disc repair systems

Laura Thorne thornela at oplin.org
Mon Jul 2 10:48:06 EDT 2007

I have done an informal survey of libraries with disc repair systems and
here is the result:
RTI Jr. had maintenance problems.  This model has been discontinued, replace
by the RTI Eco-Smart, which was quoted at $2950.00. I doubt my library will
be able to afford this, even though many libraries use and like this brand.
JFJ has several models, ranging from $899 double-arm model to a small
$300.00.  All those who own the JFJ raved about their quality, ranging from
"Very happy" to "Wonderful job", regardless of the size.  One library noted
that JFJ has also repaired their machine at no cost (whether that advantage
will continue is up in the air).  These are also sold in the Demco catalog.
I am leaning towards the JFJ, for cost & reliability.
Laura Thorne
Jackson City Library
Jackson, OH 45640