[OPLINLIST] WorldCat on the Web workshops

Morag Boyd MoragB at ohionet.org
Tue Jul 10 10:48:18 EDT 2007

OHIONET is pleased to offer a "WorldCat on the Web" workshop at a
variety of locations around Ohio. This workshop will explore the OCLC
program that makes your library visible to anyone on the web through
search engines and WorldCat.org (http://www.worldcat.org
<http://www.worldcat.org/> ). This workshop will cover the functionality
of the WorldCat on the Web interface, how your library can participate,
how to set-up the WorldCat Services Administrative Module for maximum
impact for your library, and more. We will also explore the WorldCat
Local pilot, which integrates a local catalog on the WorldCat.org
platform.  Please join us to learn about this exciting program to bring
users from the web to your library.

All sessions will be 1:00-4:00 PM.  The cost is $20 for OHIONET members
and non-members.

This is still time to register for our July 19 session at OHIONET in
Columbus OH: http://www.ohionet.org/training_desc.php?ID=496

Upcoming sessions:

Southeast: August 8, SEO Library Center, Caldwell OH:
http://www.ohionet.org/training_desc.php?ID=497

Northeast: September 11, NEOUCOM, Rootstown OH:
http://www.ohionet.org/training_desc.php?ID=500

Northwest: October 15, Heidelberg College, Tiffin OH:
http://www.ohionet.org/training_desc.php?ID=503

Southwest: October 30, Miami University Middletown, Middletown, OH:
http://www.ohionet.org/training_desc.php?ID=523

Morag Boyd

OHIONET Member Services Representative

614-486-2966 ext. 37