[OPLINLIST] Message to post on the selection listserv

Deborah McCullough DMC at libraryvisit.org
Thu Jul 26 14:27:14 EDT 2007

I would like this message posted:

	We have been approached by one of our regular patrons who wants
to buy for us a collection of materials on Sikhism.  He wants to
purchase from this website of the Sikh Coalition:

	http://www.thesikhcoalition.org/libraryproject.php

	The cost for the collection is $165.00.
	"Our goal is to provide libraries with balanced and accurate
information on Sikhs and Sikhi.  There are close to 20,000 libraries in
the United States and over 3,000 libraries in Canada.  Our long-term
goal is to ensure every library contains the package of 10 books and 2
DVDs. . .  ."

	Have any of you been approached by the group; only one title is
available through Search Ohio.
	We found an excellent article on Sikhism in Reference & User
Services Quarterly (Winter 2005)
	and the books and the website above are not mentioned.

	We want to ensure that we have a balanced and diverse
collection.

	Thanks,
	Deborah

Deborah McCullough, Manager of Adult Services
Public Library of Youngstown and Mahoning County
305 Wick Avenue
Youngstown, Ohio 44503
Voice:330-744-8636; email: dmc at libraryvisit.org