[OPLINLIST] TheRightClick 3.0 Call for Entries - Best Practices in Library Technology

SWON Libraries info at swonlibraries.org
Tue Mar 27 12:33:09 EST 2007

The Right Click

The Ohio Library Council's Information Technology Division
<http://www.TheRightClick.info> is planning a showcase of "best
practices" for library technology, *Wednesday, August 22* at the State
Library of Ohio. We believe your work deserves recognition.  All
'library technologists' are invited to share their unique solutions and
practices with their colleagues from around the state at TheRightClick v
3.0.

*This call for entries is open to all types of libraries.  We also
encourage libraries from outside Ohio to participate.*

Your "best practice" could be anything from "patron proofing" your
equipment; innovative network or Web site configurations; using
handhelds or VoIP; giving old equipment a new life-just to name a few
possibilities. Whatever the configuration, we believe that there are
many good ideas around the state that deserve to be shared.

We've got the date. We've reserved the room. We're only lacking one
resource: PRESENTERS! That's where you come in. Don't be shy. Be PROUD
of your accomplishments and take advantage of this unique opportunity.
Enter your idea today by responding to the questions enclosed with this
invitation and be a featured guest at TheRightClick v 3.0: OLC
Information Technology Division's Showcase of Best Practices.

On a separate piece of paper, answer each of the following questions.
You may include with your entry any pamphlets, flyers, brochures,
photos, news releases that will allow the committee to make a good
decision about the inclusion of your "best practice". *Be certain to
include your name, your library, the library mailing address,* *and fax
and e-mail contact information.* If your program is selected, you will
attend the showcase as a guest of the Information Technology Division.
You will be scheduled to make a 15-20 minute presentation at the
showcase on August 22.

Send your entry to Wayne Piper, Director of Professional Development, at
the Ohio Library Council by e-mail (wpiper at olc.org
<mailto:wpiper at olc.org>), fax (614) 416-2270, or mail (OLC, 2 Easton
Oval, Suite 525, Columbus, OH 43219-6036). *Entries will be accepted no
later than May 12, 2007*.

1.      In 25 words or less, describe the program or service you would
like to showcase.

2.      Provide details on the program including, but no limited to,
your source of inspiration, the need you were trying to fill, any
funding you obtained to support the project, and the patron response to
the project.

3.      Give us your best reasons for selecting your program for the
best practice showcase.

4.      What would you like your colleagues to learn from your presentation?

About six weeks before the showcase, the OLC office will assist you with
the guidelines for the structure of your presentation and the format for
your handouts. If you have any questions about this form or the showcase
itself, please contact Wayne Piper, Director of Professional Development
at the Ohio Library Council (wpiper at olc.org <mailto:wpiper at olc.org>),
Glen Horton, Coordinator of the Information Technology Division
(glen at swonlibraries.org <mailto:glen at swonlibraries.org>), or Laura
Solomon , Assistant Coordinator of the Information Technology Division
(laura at cpl.org <mailto:laura at cpl.org> ).