[OPLINLIST] carbonless overdue notices

Marlene Pelyhes mpl_marlenep at yahoo.com
Mon May 7 19:24:56 EDT 2007

We are a DYNIX Classic library and have been using the carbon
three part "crash" notices for overdue notices.  The post office has a
sorting machine that smears the carbon all over the notice, rendering them
unreadable.
      I have been told by DYNIX support that there are "carbon free"
three part notices.
      Does anyone have knowledge of such a vendor and product?
      I have found some carbon free notices at Demco - but they
are notecard size and we think those could easily get lost in
the US Mail - plus, we print alot of information - titles and checked
out dates, five lines of verbiage so it does not fit on a small
postcard.
      Gaylord, Brodart didn't have any full size carbonless notices -
      So we are looking for 8 1/2 Width by 5 1/2 Height. carbonless
notices
      Does anyone use them still?   Or do you print the small postcard
notices.
      Does anyone print the letter papers and stuff envelopes?
      With the increase in postage I would like to just email all
overdues notices but many many of our patrons do not have email,
  and we would auto phone them but our autophoning system is down -

        Thanks,
      Marlene Pelyhes
      Mentor Public Library