[OPLINLIST] Library in Greenburg, Kansas

Marsha McDevitt-Stredney marshams at sloma.state.oh.us
Mon May 14 15:30:54 EDT 2007

Dear Ohio Librarians:

I know that you are all aware of the situation in Greenburg, Kansas
where on May 4th a mile-and-a-half tornado destroyed 95% of that town,
including the library.  I have been in touch with the Kansas State
Librarian to tell her that I was sure that Ohio librarians will want to
help that community in any way possible (although it is too early to do
so).  I asked her to let us know when and if there is anything that we
can do.  She tells me that they are in the process of setting up a
"library team"  to help with the clean-up.  We will keep in touch and I
will pass along any information.

Meanwhile there was an article in the latest issue of American Libraries
Direct (5/9/2007).  Here is the link to that article in case you did not
see it.
http://www.ala.org/ala/alonline/currentnews/newsarchive/2007/may2007/kio
wacounty.cfm

There is reference in this article to a relief fund that has been
established for the library's recovery.

Jo

Jo Budler, State Librarian

State Library of Ohio

274 East First Ave, Suite 100, Columbus, OH  43201

Phone:  614-644-6843; 800-686-1532 (Ohio only)

Fax: 614-466-3584

http://winslo.state.oh.us <http://winslo.state.oh.us/>

"The State Library of Ohio provides services and resources to assist
state government and libraries in providing the best service to all."