[OPLINLIST] Sunshine Committees

ballma@oplin.org ballma at oplin.org
Wed Nov 21 11:33:20 EST 2007

Hello, Everyone!

I am asking this question on behalf of my fellow staff members.  Does your
library have a "Morale Committee" or a "Sunshine Committee"?  These are
committees that work to boost morale at work. Our committee members
purchase balloons and cards for birthdays and send congratulatory cards
for occasions like graduations, promotions, new babies, etc.

If your library has such a "creature"  how is it funded?  What activities
are associated with your committees? Picnics? Parties? Anything in
particular?

Do you have any ideas/suggestions that work in your library that may work
in others?

Thanks for the ideas and suggestions.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Mary Kay Ball