[OPLINLIST] Mobile Devices in Libraries--Workshop in Blue Ash

SWON Libraries info at swonlibraries.org
Tue Nov 27 10:08:11 EST 2007

*This announcement has been posted to several lists.  Our apologies for
any duplication.

Please forward to all interested parties.

*

  Mobile Devices in Libraries
  <http://www.swonlibraries.org/register?a=formreg&id=1212&rate=cost2&sponsor=SouthWest%20Ohio%20and%20Neighboring%20Libraries&addattendee=Y>

      Date

Friday, December 7th, 2007

      Time

1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.

      Location

SWON Libraries Office

      Speaker(s)

Glen Horton <http://www.swonlibraries.org/glen> has served as the
Technology Coordinator for the SWON Libraries organization since 1999.
His duties require him to have experience in a wide range of
technologies. He is responsible for providing technology assistance,
technology training, and facilitating shared projects within the SWON
Libraries membership.

      Description

As libraries provide more information in digital formats and make
wireless networks available, we will see more patrons bringing their own
technology with them. Call them mobile devices. Call them gadgets. Call
them toys. Patrons are hungry to access content on these devices. Can
your library support them?

Glen will highlight current and future gadgets and discuss how libraries
can develop resources and policies that are mobile friendly.

      Meal

No meal is provided with this event.

      Contributing Member of SWON Libraries

$30

      Friend of SWON Libraries

$30

      Contributing Member of NEO-RLS, NORWELD, or SERLS

$30

      Other

$65

The deadline to register is Monday, December 3rd, 2007