[OPLINLIST] excel schedule templates and ordering from Baker & Taylor

Marlene Pelyhes mpl_marlenep at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 4 12:39:24 EDT 2007

Hello

  First off, some of you asked me to reply to the list if I heard of any excel templates that
  other libraries use to schedule their shelving staff based on number of items checked in.
  I did not receive any excel solutions from the email.

  Now on to the Second inquiry,
  This email is intended for Acquisition and Technical Processing library folk.
  Does your library receive marc tags with order specific data when you order from Baker and Taylor?  How do you like their interface?

  Currently we are using the Ingrams ipage grid template.  I find it to have very slow response time, cumbersome steps and it is poorly supported   It is free - but it takes alot of staff time.

  Do you have time to tell me about your experience with automating
  Tech Services with B & T?

  I understand there will be a OLC workshop on it next week but I am not able to attend.

  Marlene Pelyhes
  Collection Manager
  Mentor Public Library