[OPLINLIST] Policy on overuse of sick time

Patricia Grover groverpa at oplin.org
Mon Oct 15 12:12:56 EDT 2007

I am looking for some policy wording for a situation where the staff runs
out of sick time thereby putting them in the less than 40 hours per week
category or part time status. At what point and time does employee loose
accrual rate of full timer and get demoted to part timer concerning vacation
and sick time accrual rate? I have already considered extenuating
circumstances but do not want to have employee continue thinking that is
okay, but have no policy to back me up in demoting to part time status.

Good employee but had some health issues I first 6 months of employment. Any
thoughts or policies in place?

Patricia Grover
Director
Delta Public Library