[OPLINLIST] Barcode duplicator

Bob Neeper neeperro at oplin.org
Fri Aug 22 09:49:50 EDT 2008

Just a bit off your question...

If you only want to do somewhat occasion bar-coding, there are programs
available.

We used Ultimate Label Maker II for years.

You typed in the number
It would print 4 lines on blank sheets of labels.
You could make from 1 (of 30) labels to a full sheet of 30.
   Community Library
       (barcode)
     Barcode number
   Sunbury, Oh 43074

It could auto-inc the number or you could type it in.
 Duplicating should be easy enough. Scan instead of type.

For only a few barcode,  you're limited on how many times a sheet goes
through the printer.
Heat wears on the adhesive. Possibly leaving the label in the printer

Chauncey still does it. (Possibly using Corel now)
Last November he did a complete box 100 sheets, 3000 incremental labels

LaserJet (labels and printer) is best, crisper and less likely to smear.
We use a HP 6L printer
For onesy/twosy you could get a different printer or smaller page of labels

Bob

R. W. (Bob) Neeper     Cell: (740)-407-3572
Community Library
44 Burrer Dr.
Sunbury, Oh 43074
Tel:  (740)-965-3901