[OPLINLIST] How many circulations for a feature film DVD before you weed it?

Marsha Wagner mwagner at canalfultonlibrary.org
Fri Dec 12 10:41:05 EST 2008

At a previous library we weeded any VHS tape that had 300-400 circulations, 200 for juvenile as we thought it would have been viewed multiple times. Do any of the libraries on the list automatically weed a DVD after a certain number of circulation. These would be items not complained about by patrons as "hanging up" in certain places. Please respond to the list as I'm sure we are all curious about what weeding practices others employ. I'm especially interested in what the urban libraries such as Cleveland, Columbus and Cincinnati do. Thanks in advance for your assistance in this matter. My staff member who asked this question is a Children's Department Head.

Marsha Wagner
Director
Canal Fulton Public Library
154 Market St. NE
Canal Fulton, OH 44708
330 854-4148; fax 330 8549520

The things I want to know are in books; my best friend is the man who'll get me a book I have not read. Abraham Lincoln