[OPLINLIST] Your input needed: construction grant money possibility

Jo Budler JBUDLER at sloma.state.oh.us
Mon Dec 22 13:20:52 EST 2008

The ALA Washington office has been working with President-elect Obama
regarding possible funding for public libraries.  It is my understanding
that this funding would be granted through State Libraries for
construction projects.  ALA Washington has asked states to identify how
many projects there are in each state that are "shovel ready" and
therefore might qualify for this construction funding.  (Please note:
this money will NOT be available for planning.  The idea behind this is
to create jobs quickly and that these jobs would be in the construction
industry.)

So if you are looking at construction of any type in the near future,
please let me know.  We will create a spreadsheet to share with ALA
Washington office.  Please indicate:

Library name

Contact person

Type of construction (new building, branch, remodel, addition, etc.)

Amount for the construction

Please submit this info no later than January 6th, 2009.  Thank you.

Happy and safe holidays to all,

Jo

Jo Budler, State Librarian

State Library of Ohio

274 East First Ave, Suite 100, Columbus, OH  43201

Phone:  614-644-6843; 800-686-1532 (Ohio only)

Fax: 614-466-3584

http://www.library.ohio.gov

"The State Library of Ohio provides services and resources to assist
state government and libraries in providing the best service to all."