[OPLINLIST] Blu-Ray and Hi-Def

Chad Neeper (list) cneeper at level9networks.com
Tue Feb 12 13:53:41 EST 2008

To the best of my knowledge, none of the libraries I work with are
providing either Blu-Ray or HD-DVD yet, either. I imagine for the same
reasons.

 From my own casual observations, it looks like Blu-Ray might be edging
out HD-DVD. I just saw another news blurb on the issue in this morning's
BBC news feed. Best Buy has announced it is going to promote Blu-ray
over HD-DVD, even though it will be carrying both formats for now.
Netflix also just announced it would be phasing out its HD DVD stock and
exclusively offer Blu-ray.

Chad

Chad Neeper
Senior Systems Engineer

Level 9 Networks
740-548-8070 (voice)
866-214-6607 (fax)

--   Full LAN/WAN consulting services   --
-- Specialized in libraries and schools --