[OPLINLIST] ALA Survey on Competencies

Ashlee Clark Aclark at sloma.state.oh.us
Wed Mar 5 17:27:09 EST 2008

Sent at request of authors

________________________________

Dear Colleagues:

We hope that you will help us validate competencies leading toward a
voluntary national Library Support Staff Certification Program (LSSCP).

In 2007, ALA and the Western Council of State Libraries received funding
from the Institute of Museum and Library Service's Laura Bush Librarians
for the 21st Century Program to establish the LSSCP.  The first phase of
this project is to identify and adopt competency statements for LSS.
Project Staff and the project's Advisory Committee drafted competency
statements that will be evaluated through this national survey.

The survey allows you to choose which sets of competencies to review.
If you choose to review all the competency sets, the survey will take
approximately 40 minutes.  Each set of competencies will take
approximately 4 minutes.  If you must leave the survey before you have
finished, you may return to the place where you stopped.

If you feel you do not have time to complete the entire survey, we hope
that you will select the competency sets which interest you most or in
which you have the most experience.  We also encourage you to forward
the survey to other staff members for their responses.

Link here to access the survey.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=MzGbewA5qX6oiCzXtODPcA_3d_3d.

If you would like more information about the LSSCP, that information is
at

http://www.ala-apa.org/certification/supportstaff.html.

Nancy Bolt

Karen Strege