[OPLINLIST] Catch the Reading Bug @ Your Library-Still Time to Register for London Public Library Location!

SWON Libraries info at swonlibraries.org
Mon Mar 10 12:32:04 EDT 2008

*This announcement has been posted to several lists.  Our apologies for
any duplication.

Please forward to all interested parties.

*

  The State Library of Ohio 2008 Ohio Reading Program Workshop: Catch
  the Reading Bug @ Your Library
  <http://www.swonlibraries.org/register?a=selectmember&id=1247&rate=cost1&sponsor=SouthWest%20Ohio%20and%20Neighboring%20Libraries>

State Library of Ohio <http://www.library.ohio.gov/>

      Date

Thursday, March 20th, 2008

      Time

9:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

      Location

London Public Library
20 East First Street
London, Ohio 43140
(740) 852-9543

      Description

Come and join us for a day of fun and gather ideas for your library's
Summer Reading Program! You will enjoy a variety of activities
throughout the course of the day. Age groups covered include Baby, 2's,
3's, 3-5, 6-12.

/Activities include:/

*A presentation of suggested books, crafts, activities, rhymes, songs, etc.

*Craft ideas

*Ideas and recipes for snacks

*Games and skits

*Story time ideas

*We will end the day with a "cut-up" party using an Accu-Cut machine!

*The afternoon will feature a showcase of performers (a magician, an
artist, a storyteller, and a ventriloquist!) whom you may want to later
hire for your own Summer Reading activities.

*Door prizes include:*
A free certificate to any future SWON Libraries workshop (valued at
$50), several $100 gift certificates to Barnes and Noble (to be used to
purchase materials for your library), and a Collaborative Summer Reading
Program Manual (372 pages long and full of ideas!)

There will be all kinds of "Catch the Reading Bug" goodies to take with
you as well--everything from bookmarks to plush bug toys. We encourage
you to bring your own ideas for Summer Reading to share throughout the day.

/Please note that this program will not include ideas for your YA Summer
Reading Program/

      Meal

Refreshments and lunch will be provided.

      Contributing Member of SWON Libraries

$35

      Friend of SWON Libraries

$35

      Contributing Member of NEO-RLS, NORWELD, or SERLS

$35

      Other

$35

The deadline to register is Thursday, March 13th, 2008