[OPLINLIST] State Library - May 21 statewide videoconference cancelled

Ashlee Clark Aclark at sloma.state.oh.us
Fri May 9 15:32:43 EDT 2008

The State Library's statewide videoconference scheduled for May 21, 2008
has been cancelled.  We had hoped to use this videoconference for OCLC
to demonstrate the NCIP gateway that they have been developing.  The
work is not yet complete and will not be ready for demonstration by the
time of the video conference.

As was discussed in previous videoconferences and statewide resource
sharing meetings, OCLC announced that their NCIP gateway would be
available by the middle of May.  The purpose of the NCIP gateway is to
provide NCIP-like functionality between the current statewide resource
sharing solution, OLS: MORE, and Innovative Interfaces, Inc. ILS.  The
work continues and we are communicating regularly with OCLC to get a new
date as to when this functionality will be ready for demonstration.

As additional updates are available, they will be posted to the State
Library's webpages and sent out on the listservs.  The main statewide
resource sharing page is located at
http://www.statelibrary.ohio.gov/swrs/index.html, which also contains
links to notes from past video conferences and to the resource sharing
blog.

Thank you.