[OPLINLIST] Wanted: Book Cart Drill Team Members

Beth Hatch bhatch at twinsburglibrary.org
Tue May 13 12:14:06 EDT 2008

Dear Librarians,

Have you always wanted your library to participate in special events and
parades, to be a recognized in the community, but lacked the staff to do
so?

I am a reference librarian for Twinsburg Public Library. I have been
part of a bookcart drill team for almost five years now, first for
Kingsville Public Library and now for Twinsburg. My team performs
coordinated marches with bookcarts in special events, like Twins Days,
Home Days, and the Old Thyme Faire.

I propose a collaboration of libraries in Northeast Ohio, or
thereabouts, to create one large bookcart drill team to serve all
participating libraries. The benfit of having one drill team for many
libraries, besides being incredibly impressive, is that the team would
be available for any of the participating libraries special events. Each
member would contribute a small part for t-shirts and decorations for
the team, which would elliviate the financial burden from some of the
smaller libraries.

If you or members of your staff are interested in becoming a part of the
bookcart drill team, please email me and I will arrange a meeting.

Thank you for your time and interest,
Beth Hatch
Reference Librarian
Twinsburg Public Library
330-425-4268 ext 2

--
If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. Please
note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the