[OPLINLIST] Innovations in Library Design - May 23 - Sinclair Community College

SWON Libraries info at swonlibraries.org
Mon May 19 15:12:45 EDT 2008

*This announcement has been posted to several lists.  Our apologies for
any duplication.
*

    Innovations in Library Design--Sinclair Community College

http://www.swonlibraries.org/viewevent?id=1391

      Date

Friday, May 23rd, 2008

      Time

9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.

      Location

Sinclair Community College Library, Dayton, Ohio

      Description

Hosted by Doug Kaylor, Librarian, joined by the architect/project
manager on this project, Alan Scherr.
The Library at Sinclair Community College went through a radical
re-design a couple of years ago. Join our host, Doug Kaylor, for a
design oriented tour of this underground library. Highlights include:
Starbucks (!) smack dab in the middle of the library; extensive computer
workstations; glass-enclosed visible student classrooms and work areas;
semi-circular all-in-one service desk; integration with other campus
services.

      Meal

Light snacks will be provided

      Contributing Member of SWON Libraries

$25

      Friend of SWON Libraries

$25

      Contributing Member of NEO-RLS, NORWELD, or SERLS

$25

      Other

$50