[OPLINLIST] Author Wanda Brunstetter Event

gillja@oplin.org gillja at oplin.org
Fri Nov 7 16:02:05 EST 2008

Author Wanda Brunstetter to Visit New Philadelphia

The Tuscarawas County Public Library will be sponsoring An Evening With
Author Wanda Brunstetter at 7 PM on Tuesday, November 11th at the First
United Methodist Church located at 201 West High Avenue in New
Philadelphia.  Widely popular and nationally recognized in the genre of
inspirational Christian fiction, Brunstetter began her writing career in
1980, and since that time has published a number of novels, poems,
children’s books, and devotionals, as well as books on ventriloquism and
puppetry.    Brunstetter is also the author of several acclaimed book
series, among them the Brides of Webster County and the Daughters of
Holmes County.  Her latest novel, A Sister’s Hope, is the third in the
Sisters of Holmes County Series.

Many of Brunstetter’s novels and stories feature Amish themes.  “I enjoy
writing about the Amish because they live a peaceful, simple
life—something I feel everyone needs in this day and age.  As I have come
to know and love my special Amish friends, I’ve been filled with the
realization that, while they may live and dress differently than most of
us “Englishers,” they experience the same joys and deal with the same
struggles as we do.”

Refreshments provided by the Friends of the Library and a book signing
will follow the program.  Admission is free and all are welcome.   Because
of the upcoming holidays and because of the need in the community, guests
are encouraged to bring a non-perishable food item to donate to our local
food pantries.  For more information or to register for the program,
please call the library at 330-364-4474.

Jim Gill
Circulation Manager
Tuscarawas County Public Library
121 Fair Avenue NW
New Philadelphia, OH 44663
Ph (330) 364-4474
Fax(330) 364-8217
gillja at oplin.org

"The Tuscarawas County Public Library provides library users of all ages
with access to resources to help them live, learn, and grow..."