[OPLINLIST] Food for Fines Revisited

Elizabeth Barker barkerel at oplin.org
Thu Nov 13 15:23:25 EST 2008

What a pleasant change to see a spirited exchange of ideas on oplinlist.  My comment surfaced way back where this started with the corporate sponsorship discussion.  It's just interesting to me that there's broad support for cutting taxes and a willingness and/or necessity to search out corporate money.  Where do we think that money comes from (US -consumers) and why are we more willing to "give" to corporations for the support of ever so many things but don;t want to pay taxes to support those same things??  Add big business bailouts into that mix for good measure.  This is obviously my personal opinion.  elizabeth Barker