[OPLINLIST] MORE

David Namiotka dnamiotka at sloma.state.oh.us
Fri Nov 21 12:33:13 EST 2008

Hi Susan,

OLS: MORE is a service offered and supported by the State Library that provides fundamental access to materials that would otherwise not be available to residents of Ohio.  The service is funded with federal LSTA dollars and the State Library does not pass on charges for this service to any participating library.  Patrons should not be charged for this service.

We understand that the current OLS: MORE system has limitations and participation in the project does impact local staff resources.  We have been working with OCLC, the OLS: MORE application vendor, and ILS vendors to address these concerns and improve workflow via NCIP.  We have also been actively investigating alternate solutions and communicating with many groups, both inside Ohio and in other states, trying to find suitable replacements.  We are trying to address the current problems and we are working towards making our statewide resource sharing solution better and more cost effective for all participants.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me directly.

Thank You.

David

David Namiotka
Director - Information Systems and Technology
State Library of Ohio
274 East 1st Avenue
Columbus, OH 43201