[OPLINLIST] Banned Books Week

Kent Oliver koliver at starklibrary.org
Wed Oct 1 12:55:12 EDT 2008

I hope all Ohio public libraries are celebrating Banned Books Week this week in some fashion or form.  The following is a link to an NPR story from this last Tuesday regarding the history of the banning of The Grapes of Wrath and a new book out concerning that event.

Kent

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=95190615

Kent Oliver, Executive Director
Stark County District Library
715 Market Ave., N., Canton, OH 44702
W: 330 458 2710 FAX: 330 455 9596
KOliver at starklibrary.org<mailto:KOliver at starklibrary.org>
"[L]ibraries in the United States can contribute to a future that values and protects freedom of speech in a world that celebrates both our similarities and our differences, respects individuals and their beliefs, and holds all persons truly equal and free."-Libraries: An American Value<http://www.ala.org/alaorg/oif/lib_val.html>

This communication is a confidential and proprietary  communication. It is intended solely for the use of the designated recipient(s). If this communication is received in error, please contact the sender and delete this communication.