[OPLINLIST] Library Cats: Trained, Skilled Library Cats Now Available

Maggie Bollar bluedogbooks at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 6 20:21:23 EDT 2008

Throughout human history, there have been some great combinations.  Antony and Cleopatra…Lenny and Squiggy…hummus and pita chips…librarians and cats.
In that spirit, we are pleased to offer to qualifying libraries and librarians five trained library cats (kittens, actually, with soft, medium-length black hair and bright blue eyes).
These kittens have received special training from the famed Bev Rice, Circulation Manager at the New Carlisle Public Library.  Their course of study included customer service, conflict resolution, advanced database searching, reader’s advisory, and creating metadata tags.
These five kittens imbue the spirit of five famous authors/actors, and are now available to bring true literary flavor to your home or library.
CORMAC MCCARTHY:  Cormac has twinkling blue Irish eyes, and a startling propensity for violent play.  He enjoys tummy rubs.
NORA ROBERTS:  Nora is a lover!  She enjoys being cuddled, and purrs delightedly at the touch of human contact.  Nora is quite prolific in the litter box.
NUALA O’FAOLAIN:  Nuala is fiercely honest and open with her emotions, all displayed in those crystalline blue eyes.  Nuala enjoys climbing human legs and being cradled securely.
PAUL NEWMAN:  Paul is charming, self-effacing, and fast; he likes to race across a room in a rakish, yet debonair, fashion.   He can frequently be found in the kitchen, whipping up a batch of organic salad dressing.
SAMUEL BECKETT:  As the runt of this litter of stray kittens, Samuel had to contend with an existential crisis and several trips to an emergency vet clinic.  Now healthy, Samuel overcomes his inner darkness by establishing warm relationships.  Samuel possesses icy blue eyes , enjoys playing, and likes to sleep nestled against his human.  He’s not only waiting for Godot, he’s waiting for you to adopt him and save him from the unbearable bleakness of the animal shelter.
Photos of these five kittens are available here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31198559@N06/show/
Disclaimer:  we are not sure of the gender of these kittens, with the exception of Samuel Beckett, who is definitely a boy.
These five delightful kittens were abandoned in my neighbor’s outdoor storage shed.   The animal rescues in my community are full, and my county human society has an extremely high “kill” rate.   I see no need to waste such pure spirit, beauty, and charm by euthanizing it…there’s too much potential here!
If you can offer one or more of these library kittens an indoor-only, forever home, please contact Maggie Bollar at readingisimportant at gmail.com or (937) 845-3601, ext. 207 or (937) 845-8842.  I am willing to transport these kittens to new homes in Ohio, Kentucky, or Indiana.