[OPLINLIST] Ohio History Central request

Stephen Hedges hedgesst at oplin.org
Fri Oct 10 12:44:14 EDT 2008

Harry Searles, who has worked with OPLIN for years maintaining the
exploreohio.org content, asked that I post the message below:

Ohio History Central (http://www.ohiohistorycentral.org), Ohio's
online encyclopedia of history, is growing every day. We've just
passed the 2,000,000 mark for visitors, and we know that teachers,
students, government employees, and many others find what they're
seeking within our pages. However, even with more than 3,000 entries
and 2,000 images, much of the Buckeye State's extensive history is not
yet included.

The Ohio Historical Society invites librarians to join in expanding
and enhancing Ohio History Central's content. You hold a wealth of
knowledge about your area of Ohio and no doubt want to make that
knowledge accessible to those wanting to learn about our state. Here's
the opportunity!

You and your colleagues can help make Ohio History Central the best
state encyclopedia on the Web in three ways:

Be a reviewer: Review existing encyclopedia entries related to your
library's area of the state or review entries related to your area of
historical expertise. We will be happy to recognize you as a reviewer
on the Website.

Be an author: Submit new entries for publication. We will be pleased
to recognize you as an author on the website.

Share images: Submit and provide publication rights to images in your
collections that enhance the entries in Ohio History Central. We will
of course credit the image to you or your library.

To learn more about joining in our effort to create the Web's best
online state encyclopedia, please contact Harry Searles, Ohio History
Central's managing editor. Send an email to ohceditor at gmail.com, or
call 614.546.6736.

Thank you!

--