[OPLINLIST] Email Update

Karl Jendretzky jendreka at oplin.org
Fri Apr 3 09:02:28 EDT 2009

All,
    I've found the user account that had been compromised, and the
person has been informed. As of this morning, the only major mail
destination we seem to be having issues sending to is Hotmail. Looking
at their automated system, it seems they split their rating up into 24
hour sample intervals, and the latest one hasn't been added yet. I'm
assuming that once that new sample shows we are no longer spamming, the
restriction will be removed. I've tried to contact their support a
couple times, but half the time their links cannot be displayed, and the
form I had to fill out made my mortgage paperwork seem quick.

The new WebMail limits on mail sent per message/day should stop this
type of problem from being as wide spread in the future. For anyone
curious that is running their own SM setup, the plugin I'm using is
called Restrict Senders, and can be found here:

http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=213

Sorry again for any interruptions.

--
Thanks,