[OPLINLIST] Question about rental fees and resurfacing in ohio libraries.

Andrew Davis davisan at oplin.org
Tue Apr 28 17:25:13 EDT 2009

Hello Library Land,

My board and I are re-evaluating some of our current services, as well
as a new service, and was wondering if anyone would be willing to share
what they may already be doing in their library.
1. We are wondering if libraries are currently charging for dvd / vhs
rentals and if so, how much, which ones, and how long are they
circulated for?

2.  Libraries that have a resurfacing machine (Azurdisc), do you use
just for library use or also for public use?  Do you charge for this
service, if so how much?  Pros or Cons of doing this?

Please feel free to reply off-list, and thank you all in advance.

Andrew Carl Davis
Director
Grand Valley Public Library
Orwell, Oh 44076