[OPLINLIST] ILL question

Paula Buco bucopa at oplin.org
Thu Dec 10 15:25:46 EST 2009

Posting message on behalf of Jim Buchman, Head Patron & Catalog Services at the State Library of Ohio....

The State Library of Ohio working in collaboration with the Ohio Library for the Blind & Physically Disabled (OLBPD), which is part of the Cleveland Public Library, offers Talking Book services to Ohio residents who are blind or physically disabled.  This service is part of a nation program administered by the National Library Service (NLS).

http://www.loc.gov/nls/

Through the program, qualified individuals are provided a cassette player and books on tape at no cost.  Books are sent to individuals via US Mail as Free Matter for the Blind.  When the individual is finished with the book, they return the material postage free via Free Matter Mail and more books are sent.

The program is currently transiting from cassette tapes to digital books, which uses USB technology.  This transition will take several years to fully implement.

Please contact me or access the State Library's web site if you want additional information about the Talking Book Program.

http://www.library.ohio.gov/PCS/tlk_bk

Jim Buchman, Head Patron & Catalog Services

State Library of Ohio

Phone: 614.644.6954

Fax: 614.644.7004

www.library.ohio.gov

The State Library of Ohio provides services and resources to assist state government and libraries in providing the best service to all.