[OPLINLIST] thankful for supporters

Michelle Ramsell ramselmi at oplin.org
Tue Jun 23 17:27:28 EDT 2009

I just have to take a moment to be grateful...Like always, tough
times show us what we're made of and who our friends are.

Kudos to all of us in the library world for pulling off this
awareness campaign in such a short period of time!  I appreciate
everything that all of you, and especially OLC, are doing right now
to get the word out!  I like the way that all of us are talking about
Ohio Libraries and not just our individual libraries as we speak to
the reporters, the radio, and the television.  We have no television
stations in my area, so I am grateful to the library directors who
are speaking on our behalf so eloquently.  Like all of you, our
library feels like we've done the marketing for a library levy
campaign in 36 hours!

Kudos to our local supporters!  I was out of the office on Friday, so
just learned about this yesterday morning at 9:00am.  In that 36 hour
period, I have been so impressed by the response we have received
from our community.  In that short period of time, we have had our
two radio stations welcome us to their news programs, our newspaper
has assigned a reporter to do a story that will print in the morning,
our Chamber has sent out a blast email with legislator contact
information, and our Wendy's store owner has stepped up and agreed to
stuff bags with Save Ohio Libraries flyers on Thursday and Friday!

Kudos to all the public who have responded in such a great way to the
legislators.  All you have to do is look at the Governor's facebook
account to see how people feel about their libraries.  The response
and support for libraries has been amazing.

I know the fight is far from done yet, but it helps me to recharge if
I step back and take a look at what good has occurred and how truly
amazing Ohio's libraries are!  Let's hope the government will see that too!

Michelle McMorrow Ramsell
Director
Tuscarawas County Public Library
121 Fair Ave NW
New Philadelphia, OH 44663
Phone: (330) 364-4474 ext. 237
Fax: (330) 364-8217
Email: ramselmi at oplin.org

"A library outranks any other one thing
a community can do to benefit its people."
~ Andrew Carnegie