[OPLINLIST] John Adams Unbound at Minerva Public Library

Tom Dillie dillieto at oplin.org
Mon Mar 2 11:00:24 EST 2009

We are very pleased here at Minerva PL to announce that "John Adams
Unbound," a national traveling exhibition which explores the personal
library of one of our founding fathers, opens at the Minerva Public Library
on Saturday, March 21, 2009 for its only stop in Ohio.

            Adams' personal library-a collection of 3,500 books willed by
Adams to the people of Massachusetts-provides first-hand insight in to how
John Adams shaped American history and how he in turn was shaped by his
lifelong dedication to reading and books.  Visitors to the exhibit will
witness one of our founding fathers wrestling with intellectual and
political ideas at every stage in his long life-as a boy, university
student, Boston lawyer, revolutionary leader, diplomat, President, and
citizen of the early American republic.

            The Boston Public Library and the American Library Association
organized the exhibit with support from the National Endowment for the
Humanities: great ideas brought to life.

            The Minerva Public Library is offering a variety of free
programs, including talks by local scholars, a "Bookcollecting 101" program,
and a visit from Abigail Adams, in connection with the exhibit.  Please call
330-868-4101 for details, or visit www.minerva.lib.oh.us
<http://www.minerva.lib.oh.us/> .  "John Adams Unbound" will be on display
at the library until May 6, 2009.

Tom Dillie