[OPLINLIST] Autoholds

Andrew Davis davisan at oplin.org
Thu Mar 5 17:16:03 EST 2009

Dawn,

I am the Director at Grand Valley Public Library in Orwell, Oh, but
before I started here I was the Technology Admin for the Kinsman Free
Public Library in Kinsman, Oh.  While I worked for Kinsman, I worked
with NEO-RLS (Shawn Walsh) and we were able to create a auto hold list.
You can see the live version of it at http://www.kinsmanlibrary.org
should be a link on the front page says Auto Holds.   If you would like
to talk to the person who works with it the most, the staff member is
Connie Ward-Newton.  She has been working with it now for about 3 yrs.
The other person you can contact is Shawn Walsh from the NEO-RLS
www.neo-rls.org.  I know there has been discussion of taking that
product that was designed and maybe offering to other libraries with
modification.  Hope this helps you some or gives an example that might
be what your looking for.

Andrew C Davis
Director
Grand Valley Public Library
1 North School Street
PO Box 188
Orwell, Oh 44076
440-437-6545 phone
440.437.1017  fax
www.grandvalley.lib.oh.us

**"How can it be wrong to love the way you feel in your heart?  For if it
is, then why were we even created with a heart and feelings to love with?"

 Anonymous, U.S. Author

****Views Expressed are of my own, Not Necessarily of the Library!