[OPLINLIST] Library Director Position Opening

Gail neffga at oplin.org
Wed Mar 25 17:10:15 EDT 2009

Bluffton Public Library Director Search

The Bluffton Public Library is seeking an energetic, service-oriented
Library Director. Our Director is retiring, September 1. The successful
applicant will have excellent leadership skills, ability to work with
patrons and staff and will not only have a vision of what our library
can mean to our community but also be willing to be active in the
Bluffton community.

The Bluffton Public Library, located in Bluffton, Ohio, is a school
district public library with a Legal Service Area population of 6,613
and 6,100 registered borrowers.  The building, with an addition
completed in 2004, is 17,000 sq. ft. In 2008, the library had a total
operating budget of about $400,000.  The library has a collection of
over 42,000 items and an annual circulation of almost 79,000.  The
library is a member of the Northwest Library Consortium (NORWELD).

The Bluffton community is located on Interstate 75 between Lima and
Findlay (60 miles south of Toledo). It is the home of Bluffton
University, a four-year liberal arts institution.

The Library Director requires a graduate level library degree (MLS) from
an ALA accredited school and administrative experience, preferably in a
library. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.

For a full job description visit: http://blufftonlibrary.oplin.org
<http://blufftonlibrary.oplin.org/Full%20job%20description.htm>

Please send a cover letter, a resume, and three professional references to:

            Bluffton Public Library

            Library Director Search Committee

            c/o Peter Schwager

            145 South Main Street

            Bluffton, OH 45817-2208

Applications accepted until the position is filled.