[OPLINLIST] Looking for a children's book!

Sherie Brown brownsh at massillonlibrary.org
Fri May 1 09:50:28 EDT 2009

Good morning to everyone in Ohio library land!

We have a patron looking for a children's book from the early 1960s.  She remembers the book being about a "jolly baker that one day ran out of all his flour and sugar.  He was about to close his shop when he found his supplies all restocked and he was able to stay in business."

Of course we all recognize this as the general storyline of "the Elves and the Shoemaker," but do any of you know a knock-off story starring a baker?

Any help will be much appreciated, we've hit a wall.
Thanks!

Sherie Brown
Head of Reference Services
brownsh at massillonlibrary.org           Massillon Public Library