[OPLINLIST] pre-hire test for staff

Andrew Davis davisan at oplin.org
Tue May 12 16:20:01 EDT 2009

Hello,

I am again doing research from other libraries in the state.  This time,
I am wondering if there is any library that has a test that is given to
applicants to take during the interviewing for a position in the
library.  When I started my journey in the library world in 1991 @ the
age of 16, I had to take a written test, ex. (Dewey, fiction - which
book is shelved first, second, third, making change, etc).  Is there any
library that would be willing to share their test or have any
suggestions of where I can find one?

Please feel free to reply off-list, and thank you all in advance.

Sincerely,
Andrew Carl Davis
Director
Grand Valley Public Library