[OPLINLIST] benefits for part-time employees

David B. Brown dbrown at twinsburglibrary.org
Wed May 13 10:48:02 EDT 2009

Twinsburg Public Library does not provide vacation or sick leave benefits
to part time employees.

Your board should be aware that, although the Ohio Healthy Families Act
was pulled from the ballot last year, this issue may be addressed at the
Federal level.  I haven't heard any discussion of it yet in 2009, so it
may be on the back burner for awhile.
--
David B. Brown
Deputy Director

> Hello OPLINlisters.
>

> Currently Perry County District Library offers both vacation and sick
> leave benefits to our part-time employees.  With the fiscal concerns we
> are now facing, we are looking at ways cut back.   Before going to our
> Board with a proposal, we would like to know if our employee benefits
> are in line with what other libraries are offering.  Do other medium
> size libraries offer part-time employees (working approx. 20 hours per
> week) vacation and sick leave?  If so, how many hours per year?
>

> Thank you in advance for your response.
>

> Melissa Marolt
>

> Melissa Marolt
>
> Perry County District Library
>
> Youth Services Coordinator
>
> Director Designee
>

> mmarolt at pcdl.org
>
> PH:740-342-4194
>
> FAX: 740-342-4204

If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. Please
note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of the Twinsburg Public Library.